WHAT IS NON-INVASIVE VENTILATION (NIV)?
Non-Invasive Ventilation is a a therapy for Chronic Respiratory Insufficiency (CRI) or for pathologies where the respiratory muscles are deficient.
This treatment consists of assisting breathing using a device that generates two pressures: One upon inhaling and another, lower pressure, upon exhaling, by means of a mask placed over the nose and/or mouth.
Use of non-invasive ventilation is done in a medical environment in order to:
- adapt the machine settings according to the patient’s pathology and to confirm its effectiveness,
- ensure patient comfort and good tolerance of the mask before returning home.
A period of adaptation, more or less long depending on the individual, is quite normal. It is necessary for the success of your treatment.
OUR HOME HEALTH MISSIONS
ARE THE FOLLOWING
- respond to questions,
- install the hardware the day the patient returns home,
- help the patient as well as his entourage to be autonomous in using the treatment,
- ensure, where appropriate, training of home health workers (nurse, physiotherapist, housekeeper…),
- perform regular home follow-up visits,
- check the hardware and restock the consumables,
- transmit patient results and treatment compliance report to the prescriber,
- help manage the administrative paperwork.
The team is available 24/7 in case of a technical problem.